- It is crucial for the dental office to be informed about any general health problems such as bone, blood or endocrine disorders, as many of these diseases’ categories and some of the prescription and non-prescription drugs (including bisphosphonates) can affect the teeth movement, which would interfere with the outcome of the Crystal Clear aligners.
- The length with Crystal Clear aligner is primarily dependent on the patient cooperation. Missed appointments, poor compliance with the due hours of wearing and/or the instructions, poor oral hygiene and broken/lost appliances inevitably can lengthen the treatment time; increase the cost, and affect the excellence of the predicted results.
- Initially, the aligners may temporarily adversely affect the speech and salivation but once the patient gets accustomed to the Crystal Clear aligners, which may take days or weeks. Each case varying within the individual; the function afterwards will be adjusted and the excessive salivation will be ceased.
- Certain attachments that are tooth color will be bonded to the tooth, which is going to help the Crystal Clear aligner to stay in place.
- Although all of our Crystal Clear aligners are USA made with the material being BPA free there’s always the possibility of allergic reaction.
- Crystal Clear aligners are not effective in the movement of dental implants.
- Due to the anatomy of the teeth, additional cosmetic dental procedures with additional cost may be required to boost the treatment outcomes.
- Though it is very rare, wearing upper and lower stents may cause slight joint discomfort, headaches or ear soreness.